Earlier this week, I blogged about my sick puppy, Bandit. He decided to literally eat his bed on a whim, hence causing barfing, hacking and disturbing #2s. At any rate, he’s 100% better again now, and my husband and I learned that Bandit needs to be supervised when it comes to him and “cloth objects.”
I learned something else during this whole sick puppy episode…I learned that my husband might just be Daddy Material after all.
Here is a list of everything my husband did for Bandit when he was sick:
- Drove home 3 days in a row to check on him.
- Cooked white rice and hand-fed it to him to help calm his stomach down.
- Repeatedly cleaned out his crate when he got sick in it.
- Repeatedly cleaned the floors when he got sick on them.
- Woke up a couple of times each night to check on him and make sure he was OK.
I was pleasantly surprised. My husband may not know how to change a diaper, and he may not understand that kids cannot eat a lot of candy right before bed, but the way he doted over Bandit when he was sick made me re-think his ability to be a good daddy.